Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Hug – can it conjure a miracle?

I am sure we all have days where you feel your world has come crumbling down – almost like depression and tears have cast an ominous shadow and all you have, is a ghoulish and questionable sense of existence. The day-to-day activities appear cumbersome: commuters in the subway sound ornery, coworkers appear formidable, you feel slothful, and every passerby on the street makes your spine shrivel. In all earnestness, the day seems much worse than it actually is and hence the use of all the ‘negative’ adjectives.

At the end of such a tumultuous day, what happens when you run into a familiar face at an unexpected time? That affable face gives you a hug, which makes you feel rest assured – like all your problems will melt away into an unknown place. It makes you euphoric. It happened to me twice over the last two weeks; I was at that moment of “I can’t take this anymore,” and I had a fortuitous encounter with my amiga. The exhilaration I felt, was ineffable.

Has that ever happened to you? I am curious if there are any people out there who have felt the magical powers of an amiable embrace.

Copyright © 05.08.2007

“Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go” – Oscar Wilde

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes my friend i consider myself fortunate to be part of such amiable gatherings n each time I truly rejoiced!

Anonymous said...

Happiness is a state of mind! Also, everything is relative. A guy felt depressed that he didn't have shoes until he saw a man who didn't have feet! If your happiness depends on the others, then you are not a free person because you cannot always count on the others. Just remember, at the spiritual level, which is your true self, you are an embodiment of "Absolute Existence, Absolute Consciousness, and Absolute Bliss", or "Sat-Chit-Ananda". Where is the room for any depression?

Anonymous said...

pradeep, not everyone has your level of maturity i guess. most of us do need others at unhappy moments.

Anonymous said...

People who need people are the luckiest people....but we can try to practice what Pradeep is referring to...

Anonymous said...

I disagree my dear. sometimes you need others. the power of touch can be magical.like you are not alone.

Anonymous said...

I disagree my dear. sometimes you need others. the power of touch can be magical.like you are not alone.